The ISDS membership has voted on the 2014 finalists, and ISDS is pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Awards for Outstanding Research Articles in Biosurveillance:
Impact on field of biosurveillance
Eligibility: All nominated articles related to biosurveillance or of interest to the ISDS Research Committee, published in May 2013 through April 2014. Early publication articles (e.g., online only) were eligible.Judging criteria1. Impact on field of biosurveillance
- Potential to change the way that surveillance is practiced
- Potential to attract scientists from other disciplines
- Educational value to a broader audience
2. Scientific achievement
- Innovation of methodology or application
- Rigor of methods
- Quality of scientific writing
First and second awards are presented for the ‘Impact on field of biosurveillance’ and ‘Scientific achievement’ categories. The awards are offered to the corresponding author, who may defer the award to another co-author of their choice. Prizes:
- First prize: Invitation to present at the 2014 ISDS Conference or an invitation to present a featured webinar and 50% discounted 2014 ISDS Conference registration.
- Second prize: $50 Amazon gift certificate and 25% discounted 2014 ISDS Conference registration.
There was a special literature review to highlight the finalist articles – view slides and recording here.